Love it. I was very happy that the Bible is arranged according to the day’s readings. And the Reflections are very insightful and help me to reflect based on my spiritual level. A Bible of a friend who is a Born Again Christian is like it and liked it and I wished that Catholic have something like it. Now I got it from Augustine Institute. I bought an extra one as a gift for Christmas. I will rave about it to my family and friends. Thank you for this gem.
One Year. 20 Minutes a Day. Encounter the Power and Wonder of God’s Word.
It’s a mountaintop experience if you can open up the Word of God. It’s majestic, it’s beautiful, it’s breathtaking. It gets us out of our day-to-day and into God.
This newly released version of Bible in a Year: Your Daily Encounter with God features the English Standard Version® Catholic Edition translation, which many consider to be the best available English translation of the Bible. Each day is dated generally (Day 1, Day 2, etc.), so that you can start at any point in the year! In addition to the updated translation, this Bible in a Year features a beautiful new cover design.
The simple format of this Bible in a Year will keep you engaged as you make your way through all 73 books of the Bible.
Commentaries are written by renowned Catholic biblical scholars and theologians, including Dr. Tim Gray, Dr. Mark Giszczak, Dr. John Sehorn, Dr. Scott Powell, Dr. Michael Morris, Dr. Elizabeth Klein, and Deborah Holiday.
- Each day features three readings, one each from the Old Testament, Wisdom Literature, and the New Testament
- Insightful daily reflections are written by leading theologians to facilitate deeper meditation and encounter with God through his Word
- English Standard Version® Catholic Edition translation of the Bible
- Bible in a Year is the entire Bible (including the deuterocanonical books), divided into 365 days, with a reflection of approximately 200 words for each day.
A complementary audio version of Bible in a Year is found exclusively on Augustine Institute's free Amen app.
– Dimensions: 6” x 9” and is 1” thick
– 1392 pages
– Font: Minion Pro
– Font Size: 10 pt
I throughly enjoyed reading the issue I read before buying this second one. the story behind the second one is as follows. While talking with a 97 year old that lives in my new residence, she told me how she has always wanted to read all the Bible but just couldn’t get into it. I told her I had the answer for her. I showed her mine and she wanted her own so I ordered one for her. She has already started reading it.
I just received this Bible and am excited to begin. I've always wanted to read the Bible but to also understand what I am reading.
St. Augustine Bible in a Year - Paperback (ESV-CE)
- Click here to preview
- ESV-CE emphasizes “word-for-word” accuracy, literary excellence, and depth of meaning
- Each day is dated generally (Day 1, Day 2, etc.), so that you can start at any point in the year
- St. Augustine paperback cover
You May Also Like