One Year. 20 Minutes a Day. Encounter the Power and Wonder of God’s Word.
It’s a mountaintop experience if you can open up the Word of God. It’s majestic, it’s beautiful, it’s breathtaking. It gets us out of our day-to-day and into God.
This newly released version of Bible in a Year: Your Daily Encounter with God features the English Standard Version® Catholic Edition translation, which many consider to be the best available English translation of the Bible. Each day is dated generally (Day 1, Day 2, etc.), so that you can start at any point in the year! In addition to the updated translation, this Bible in a Year features a beautiful new cover design.
The simple format of this Bible in a Year will keep you engaged as you make your way through all 73 books of the Bible.
Commentaries are written by renowned Catholic biblical scholars and theologians, including Dr. Tim Gray, Dr. Mark Giszczak, Dr. John Sehorn, Dr. Scott Powell, Dr. Michael Morris, Dr. Elizabeth Klein, and Deborah Holiday.
- Each day features three readings, one each from the Old Testament, Wisdom Literature, and the New Testament
- Insightful daily reflections are written by leading theologians to facilitate deeper meditation and encounter with God through his Word
- English Standard Version® Catholic Edition translation of the Bible
- Bible in a Year is the entire Bible (including the deuterocanonical books), divided into 365 days, with a reflection of approximately 200 words for each day.
A complementary audio version of Bible in a Year is found exclusively on Augustine Institute's free Amen app.
- Flood-printed blue with gold, silver, and patina foil stamps (front, spine, and back)
- Anti-scuff matte lamination (over foils)
- Square corners, flush cut
- Dimensions: 6” x 9” and is 1” thick
- 1392 pages
- Font: Minion Pro
- Font Size: 10 pt
I am excited with this journey. thus far, the daily reading is enriching and easy. I enjoy the daily reading and look forward to draw closer to God. The only suggestion I have is the paper could have been a little thicker, but it's not a big deal.
It doesn’t get any easier than this! All you have to do is read the several pages for every day of the year, including the Old Testament and the New Testament, which are separated by the Psalms. A daily reflection is included at the end. And, you can begin on any date of the year, which is nice. Thank you, Augustine Institute, for making reading through the Bible so easy for us! Let’s pray that while reading through the Bible, that we will be transformed by the Bible.
I have wanted a Bible in a year for a long time and I found this is excellent and easy to read.