The Days of Advent DVD — Celebrating the Coming of Our Lord Join Brother Francis in this special episode that helps children observe the days of Advent in a way that will be meaningful and fun! This episode includes:
- A short introduction on what Advent is, how it differs from the Christmas season and why we celebrate it.
- A fun and catchy intro song to help us remember what Advent is all about.
- 25 meaningful meditations, beautifully illustrated and led by Brother Francis!
- “Let’s Pray” — each meditation is accompanied by an on-screen prayer where the entire family can ask God’s help in living out that day’s devotional.
- “Advent Action” - each day ends with a suggested way to put the meditation into practice. From making a list of people to pray for, to helping those in need, the discussion sections help kids put faith into action.
Note: Advent covers four Sundays, and varies in duration from 23 to 28 days, depending on its start date. Each year, it begins on the Sunday falling closest to the feast day of St. Andrew the Apostle, which is November 30. This DVD includes meditations and prayers to cover 25 days of the Advent season. Presented with the same great balance of devotion and fun as in all other Brother Francis episodes, “Brother Francis: The Days of Advent” is a great way to celebrate the Lord’s coming before Christmas!
This is so good for close to all ages! We love it! It has a cute song to get the littles tuned in, prayer and a call to service. We couldnt have asked for anything better. We will definitely be buying one next year! The kids love it and beg to do it before bed at night!