Purchase this bundle of St. John Henry Newman and save!
This offer includes the #1 Amazon best-selling book, Waiting for Christ: Meditations for Advent and Christmas by St. John Henry Newman, the new release, Tears of Christ: Meditations for Lent, and The Ventures of Faith CD.
About Waiting for Christ:
Saint John Henry Newman was one of the most beloved and well-known preachers of his time. Originally an Anglican priest, Newman converted to Catholicism and became a Catholic priest and cardinal. Known for his beautiful prose and exultant preaching, Newman has long been a source of inspiration for those in the Church. In this new and compact compilation of his sermons, you’re invited to journey with St. John Henry Newman through Advent into Christmas and Epiphany, meditating on the coming of Christ and the Christian life. Newman’s masterful knowledge of the lives of the saints, Catholic doctrine, and, above all, Sacred Scripture, will help you immerse yourself in these liturgical seasons of waiting, wondering, and joy.
These beautiful meditations guide you through reflections on:
• Preparing for the Lord’s coming at Christmas and the end of time
• Our dependence upon the Lord’s goodness
• What happens when we do not seek truth
• Mary’s role in salvation history
• God’s call for each and every one of us to holiness
• Glorifying God in the world
• True joy
• Martyrdom, affliction, and consolation
• Love as the one thing needful
Waiting for Christ provides an opportunity to spend a few minutes with St. John Henry Newman and Christ every day of the Advent and Christmas seasons, preparing for the coming of the Lord.
About Tears of Christ:
Jesus wept, not merely from the deep thoughts of his understanding but from spontaneous tenderness, from the goodness and mercy, the encompassing loving-kindness and exuberant affection of the Son of God for his own work, the race of man.
This precious insight takes us to the heart of the interior life of St. John Henry Newman (1801–1890), from the treasures of which these meditations are offered as a devotional aid for the season of Lent. Drawn chiefly from his sermons and gently modernized, these meditations offer a share in the fruit of his contemplation, that we might the better enjoy with him the “one thing which is all in all to us,” which is “to live in Christ’s presence, to hear his voice, to see his countenance.”
This was a great purchase, I will have these books for each season, now and in the future.
St. John Henry Newman Bundle
- “No one among us knows for certain that he himself will persevere; yet every one among us, to give himself even a chance of success at all, must make a venture... and in this consists the excellence and nobleness of faith.”- St. John Henry Newman
- This offer includes the #1 Amazon best-selling book, Waiting for Christ: Meditations for Advent and Christmas by St. John Henry Newman, the new release, Tears of Christ: Meditations for Lent, and The Ventures of Faith CD.
- Get to know the Church's newest saint, St. John Henry Newman (1801–1890)
You May Also Like