In this collection of retreat talks, the beloved Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, O.P., gives us a blueprint for progress in the spiritual life. He particularly focuses on:
- The goal of life as supernatural life and love
- The obstacles in life brought about by evil and sin
- The Lord's redemptive work as the source of the spiritual life
- The power of mortification and acceptance of our crosses
- Conformity to Christ by prayer and devotion to Mary
Permeated with rich doctrine and ideal for devotional use, this book will help those known and loved by God to know and love the same God more than ever.
- Pages: 226
- Book Dimensions: 5.25" x 8"
About the Author:
Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange was a brilliant scholar who wrote over 50 books and 300 articles. He served as theological advisor to four popes, including Saint John XXIII, and also oversaw the doctoral work on Karol Wojytla, the future Saint John Paul II. With heart and mind devoted to God, this Dominican is known for both his charity and his mastery of the theology of St. Thomas Aquinas. As one of the greatest spiritual writers of the 20th century, Fr. Garrigou-Lagrange's works continue to inspire greater knowledge and love of God.
Praise for Knowing the Love of God:
"I urge you to read this book—and learn from a true master of the spiritual life. It is the most mature and accessible work of one of the greatest spiritual theologians of all time. His teaching formed saints, including John Paul II, who went to Rome to do his doctoral studies under this brilliant and beloved teacher." — Dr. Scott Hahn
- Fr. Reginald Garrigou-Lagrange, OP
Knowing the Love of God: Lessons from a Spiritual Master (Paperback)
- A blueprint for progress in the spiritual life.
- Dr. Scott Hahn calls it the most mature and accessible work of one of the greatest spiritual theologians of all time.""
- Father Garrigou-Lagrange is one of the greatest spiritual writers of the 20th century.